Bio for Andre Morris
Hello, and welcome to my website. My name is Andre Morris and I am the Founder and President of:
- my PC Techs, a Phoenix, Arizona IT company.
- seenBEST Web Design, a Website Design and Internet Marketing company.
- Social Network Arizona, a Social Media Marketing and Training company.
I am also Technology Consultant for Savelio Translations, a Technology Advisor for Innovative Educators, and Website Chair for Tempe Professionals. I have over twenty-five years of Information Technology experience. I am married to Marlies Morris and am the proud father of three children. I have two dogs, Mozart and Sebastian.
I have been focused on technology since a child. At age 12, I served as a Systems Operator for several prominent Commodore 64 Bulletin Board systems in Las Vegas. In 1995, after some time spent touring London, I established my first business venture in Arizona named Platform Electronics. The company assembled computer systems for clients, performed software installations, computer troubleshooting, and programming. I later learned VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), HTML, graphics design and website design. Utilizing my programming skills, I developed complex Microsoft Access database applications, Microsoft Visual Basic Word macros, and websites for a variety of online groups and associates of which I was a member. I also authored the nationally distributed 1998 software program "The Free Internet Toolbox" and helped to develop AI (Artificial Intelligence) for the Spoonbots mod.
I later leveraged these experiences to secure a position as Information Technology Manager at AVTranz, Inc, where I built the technology department for this organization from the ground up and established the technology arm for a thriving court reporting and legal transcription division. During my time at AVTranz, I wrote several technology articles relating to the Electronic Court Reporting industry that were published in the national AAERT magazine.
I later moved to a new position with the international educational organization League for Innovation in the Community College. I started off as the Webmaster and Technology Specialist but quickly took over management of the entire technology team. After three years as IT Manager, I had improved efficiency of operations by streamlining code and company technology processes, reduced IT costs and improved technology team productivity. During this time I continued to solidify my base of clients through my own company, my PC Techs.
Between 2008 and 2010 the annual sales of my PC Techs grew by 1300%, making it the premier supplier of small business technology services for the Phoenix metro area. my PC Techs has revolutionized the website and computer services industry by making on-site computer repair, IT, and website services more affordable and accessible to small and medium business. In addition, they have formulated a successful strategy that provides complete technology solutions to these businesses and simplifies all of their IT needs down to a single, responsive point of contact. The my PC Techs team currently consists of Andre, Marlies, and an expert staff of computer repair, website design, internet marketing, and customer service specialists. In my rare personal time, I enjoy traveling, wandering around in cyberspace, science fiction ("The Matrix" is his favorite movie), and spending time with my children..
To see what others have said about me, visit my profile on LinkedIN
Click here to Send Andre Morris an email..
Words to Live By
- Be fast or be last.
- Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing.
- People are always blaming circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they don't find them, make them.
- It matters not what you learn, but once you learned a thing you must never give it up until you have mastered it. It matters not what you try to think out, but once you try to think out a thing you must never give up until you have got what you want. It matters not what you carry out, but when you once try to carry out a thing you must never give it up until you have done it thoroughly and well. If one man succeeds by one effort, you will use a hundred efforts. If another man succeeds by ten efforts, you will use a thousand efforts. Let a man proceed in this manner and though dull, he will surely become intelligent; though weak, he will surely become strong.
- The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.
- Silence is golden.
- It's better to live one day like a lion than 100 years like a sheep.
- No army can withstand the strength of an idea whose time has come.
- It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by sweat and blood; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause. Who at best, knows the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. So his place shall never be with those cold and timid who know neither victory nor defeat.
- Where there's a will, there's a way.